Monday, January 23, 2006

What time do I have to leave??

Today's doctor's appointment: Dr. Ratner. Time of appointment: 8:45am. I left the house @ 7:25am. I arrived in Eastern Market @ 9:30. Yes people... that is just under 2 hours of travel time. 270 was a parking lot. The GW parkway was S-T-O-P-P-E-D. Independance Ave was slowwwwwww. I'm glad I wasn't in labor. That would have been a little rough. I'll tell you why all of this traffic was happening after I fill you in on my appointment. BP was good:110/65. Bloodsugar was good:116. I didn't gain any weight this week. Swelling is back in my legs/feet... but not too much of a concern. My bloodsugars have been a little on the low side for the last couple of days. Dr. Ratner said that's how he can tell I'm going to have this baby in the next week or so. Apparently at the very end of a pregnancy a diabetic woman's bloodsugars will drop in preparation of the birth. He said lower bloodsugars are pretty standard for a delivery that is right around the corner. Okie dokie. I'm ready. Bring it. After my nice visit with Dr. R. I drove up toward the Capitol building and down to PA ave. Where I see all the cops. Since I have lived in the D.C. area for about 11 years now, I know the drill: cops in large #'s usually= motorcade. Nope... today ~cops in large #'s = pro-life rally. I am a woman who believes everyone has an opinion. Even if I don't agree with "your" opinion, I still value that for some reason "you" have deduced that "your" opinion matters to "you" and that should count for something. I HOPE that "you" feel the same way about me. Here's what pissed me off~ IF you pro-lifers are so compassionate and looking out for the lives of unborn babies.... and hoping to save the world: PLEASE don't bring 10'X10' images of aborted fetuses and nail them up on the side of government buildings while you march around holding "your" 10 year old's hand... exposing them to HATE ( when " you" must be confused with love) & grotesque images. I almost puked all over the f-in' dashboard when I saw one of the pictures.I mena it's really TOO MUCH. It's tactics like this that make me wonder why the Christian "right" feels that stuff like this is " okay." It put a bad taste in my mouth all day. Not only that.. I prolly had to sit in 2 hours worth of traffic this morning because all these s*#!heads clogged up my streets. GRR. If you have plans on visiting D.C. for some grotesque political statement... I will hear "your" voice... but I will loathe "your" actions. I mean really, what happened to World Peace? I drove back to the 'burbs where people are too passive to actually stand up for their views ( unless protected by government buildings and 4,000 cops) and went to Millie and Holden's parent /teacher conferences. I was pleased to hear that both kids are doing great at school. Both are learning on their own curves and are progressing along at their own speed. I am a little frustrated because HIP is learning math on a 1st grade level.. .&Millie is having a tough time with writing letters. Now the beauty of Montessori is that both kids will succeed regardless . Both will learn things as they are ready. I couldn't ask for any more. The issue: When the kids come home: they bicker and argue because they have learned different things.. and they each think that their thing is more important... which in turns brings out the competition. I was glad to learn that HIP does actually know how to clean up after himself !( something he does NOT do here without a LOT of stern encouragement ( wink)) Millie( as hard as this is for me to believe) does NOT make the other children in school cry. HUH! Who knew? The teachers were all very complementary of our kids. SHEW! You mean, we are actually doing an "okay" job? There's hope yet! As for tomorrow, I have an appointment w/ one of the OB's at Georgetown and my BPP. As for right now: I'm gonna go get comfy. ( if I can find that sweet spot on the couch... where my ribcage doesn't actually snap when I sit down.)

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

Ooooh, right around the corner!! I'm on the edge of my seat.

I love hearing about the Montessori schools, gives me things to think about.

(totally w/you on the pro-life rally!)