Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Itchy and Scratchy Show

I'm itchy! The skin on my stomach is shiney and soooo itchy... it's driving me crazy. I tried putting a nice mild cream ( given to me by the lady who does my facials... and oh yeah.. I have to get facials or I look like a 14 year old boy my skin sucks so much) on it to soothe the burning/itching... but even this mild cream made it burn and itch more. I can only hope that at this point that this is all coming to an end in the near future... in hopes to actually have this baby. Listen to me... it's like I'm 2 weeks overdue. HA. I'm such a wuss. My legs have swelled up to the size of elephant ankles once again... they look H-O-T. ( but feel awful) Also a new development: When I have contractions ( which are kinda often.. but untimable) I am unable to breathe. It feels like everytime I contract... someone knocks the wind out of me. I'ts kinda weird, I must say. I wonder: how am I supposed to breathe through the pain of labor... if I can't catch my breath? I had my BPP/OB visit ( with random OB) today. I haven't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks. ( which is a miracle... since I'm pretty much full of fluid) My belly measures 38 weeks/cm.This is consistent with the growth over the last few visits... always a week ahead. I have signed up with a parent from the kids' school who is training to become a post partum doula. I am looking forward to getting to know her better since I will be flinging my boobies out at her every chance I get... due to my fear that I am going to be awful at breastfeeding. I'm sure she will be helpful... or at least I hope she's helpful. I am also a little tired of the 'rhoids. There~ I said it. I'm not going any further... neither should you. I am glad I am still pregnant though. Dr. L returns to the office on Monday. I hopefully will be able to talk her into inducing me. Not that I want to be induced... I WANT to avoid a section if I can. Hopefully the fact that I am not gaining a lot of weight means that Tiny's growth has slowed down a little too. Funny story: I was getting my BPP today and the one sonogram technician , Gloria( who I LOVE) was talking to me about the size of Tiny etc. Gloria: " How big is that baby of your's?" Me: " 2 weeks ago it weighed 7lbs 6 oz. It's huge, and it need to get out!" Gloria: " Honeychild( this is where I have to bite the inside of my cheek to not laugh or channel Brenda from that show "2-2-7") you think that's big... look at this baby. (Gloria went on to show me a hosptial photograph of a baby who weighed 11lbs 3 oz at birth.) We call him ' the Moose.' " I gotta tell ya... I got a little queasy when I saw that. 11 pounds?? YOY !( crossing legs as tightly as I can right now) I will tell you.. .I hope to find something else to focus on very soon. It seems that my pregnancy and my kids. is all I have to talk about. Yawnnnn. I remember the days of politcs and prose... dinner in Dupont Circle... and an occasional show @ either the Black Cat or the Old 9:30 club . Those were the days. Now all I can think about is: my fetus/ my kids/ what's for dinner/ and how much longer until I can go to bed. The kids have some idea that we're gonna pop a tent in their bedroom tonight for them to go camping. Hey as long as they sleep... I'll let them camp every night. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

keri said...

Hame - I have heard of people having itchy bellies their entire pregnancy. I hope you are not still itching....PS - I forgot to tell you that the pic of when you & MS went to get pedi's is adorable. I never realized she had your feet! too cute. I hope if you get induced, dr l chooses 2/6 as the date :)