Sunday, January 15, 2006

T- minus...


Since we're getting down to the wire,I thought it would be a good idea to "treat" Millie and Holden to a fun day before Tiny arrives. Those of you who know us, know that Millie and Holden have been the center of the universe since before their birth. Parker and I blame it on their " story." The good news is : I'm not sure Millie and Holden notice the attention they get. Hopefully it never goes to their heads. I have had serious talks w/ My Mee Maw about adding photographs of the 11 other great grandchildren to what seems like an altar piece in honor of Millie and Holden. Meems said to me " It's MY table... I do whatever I want with it." I guess she told me~ straight up. ( note to self: don't argue w/ 84 year old Mee Maw) Secretly, I add photos of the other great grandchildren every time I'm at her house... but somehow they are gone when I return. *sigh* I know the twin thing plays a lot into this... but from what I can understand... it's because Suze carried them... they were born almost 13 weeks early... and survived 8 surgeries collectively. Yes my children have a special story... but I hope to never use their situation to think that they are any more special than any other kid. I just know that we are lucky.

Not to add to the attention, I thought it would be fun to split the kids ( something Parker and I rarely do) and have a little one on one time. Millie and I went and got our fingernails and toenails painted. Millie picked the colors and insisted that we match. So currently we have hooker red fingernails and lilac toenails. Millie was completely beside herself with joy as the woman gave her a mini mani... and got a real kick out of standing in the footbath for her very fancy pedi. I thought Millie was gonna pee her pants when the manicurist put those toe spreader things between Millie's toes. I didn't know her little feet could spread apart so easily! Millie was in true Grandma Butcher giggle mode for about 2 hours. I t was awesome. Parker took Holden to Chuckie Cheese. ( better him than ME ~ I hate that place) He and Holden seemed to enjoy their time together. Holden told me all about the "chickets"( tickets) he won... and is so wonderful that he intentionally picked prizes he could share with Millie. ( sweet tarts and gummy candy) He is such a lover man! ( I can't say Millie would have done the same) Holden was all kissy and happy when he got home. I'm glad we had the time to do this for these guys. I know the transition of the addition of Tiny will be rough.. but we're gonna try to do our best to not have it effect them too much.

My bpp on Thursday went very well. Tiny was actually awake during the whole test. ( that's a first) I have talks with Tiny daily about how it would be okay to be born today... but just like the other 2 Parker kids... Tiny doesn't listen the first( or 50th) time you ask him/her to do something.
I think I'm pretty much ready for Tiny now. There are a few rooms I'd like to organize a little better, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get to them. Tiny has clean clothes and diapers. ( cloth/g/ 1 pack of disposables ( for Parker's comfort level) ) Tiny's furniture was delivered this week... which was cool... so I don't have to just throw his/her clothes on the floor for Ruby to build a bed out of. ( There's nothin' cooler to a dog than a pile of sweet smelling ,light colored baby clothes. All the better to rub the big stink all over) My friend Katherine's mom is making me 2 car seat covers for Tiny's carseats which is co cool. I can't wait to get rid of the ugly denim ones we had with Millie and Holden. ( the only ones the Toys -R-Us in Towson had when it was time for MS & HIP's "carseat test"( sit in carseat for 20 minutes w/o bradying( dropping the heartrate) or holding their breath) in the NICU. I know I still have a few weeks to wait, but I think I wanna just relax a little ( between bpps and doctors appointments) before the big event.

I'm calming down a little about the delivery. I know that everything happens for a reason, and I need to know that I am not in control of everything, and a healthy babe is the goal. I am starting to freak out because I am dying to know Tiny's gender.. it is KILLING me! But gosh I do love surprises. :)

Okay today is Bagel and lox day. I better go get ready for the feast.

No comments: