Thursday, January 05, 2006

That was a close one!

After a night of pure hell ( nausea, 'runs', exhaustion,keytones, and just plain sickness) I was admitted to Georgetown's L&D. ( Dr. Landy said she doesn't mess around w/ this stuff & diabetics) I was having big contractions... my heartrate was the same as Tiny's... ( 140) I was Massively dehydrated... and begging for relief. I was not dialated and my cervix is " nice and long." The nurses told me to brag about that. :) I was diagnosed w/ strep and put on more antibiotics. I spent 24 hours at the hosptial in the most uncomfortable bed on the planet... and was discharged this morning. I am very tired... and very glad to be home.

4 comments:

reet said...

i hope you are feeling better soon. i think i have it now....i just got over something else. wasn't cara talking about antibodies or something...sheesh.

Parker said...

No mention of the faithful, supportive husband who brought your pillow, chased down ice water, rubbed your back and feet, and slept in a chair at the foot of your bed all night? Jesh...no love, no love at all.

Amy said...

Sorry Creeg,


Oh but WAIT! You wait until NOW to post comments on my blog? Whassupwidat?
Yes people : my ever faithful husband was there with me the whole time... reminding me of just how comfy that bed/chair was...laughing every time Tiny kicked me in the ribs... and to turn up the speaker to the TV during the commercials.:) + I think you liked watching me get the speculum and watch me squirm.
Thanks for not leaving me high and dry Parker, I know it was hard on you too pal.

Mama C-ta said...

Oh Parker, Parker, isn't the life of a man SOOOO rough ;)

I'm sick (so is J) but nothing even close to what you are dealing with! Much sympathy!