Sunday, January 29, 2006

Now I know

I has become abundantly clear to me why I am so tired all day: I don't sleep at night. I can't get comfortable. When I DO sleep... I am dreaming about having the baby... which is exhausting. When I wake up ,I am annoyed because I am still pregnant. Hmmm. I get jealous of Parker... over there sleeping away... paying no mind. ( I'm not saying he should pay any mind when he's sleeping... I'm just saying... he's asleep!) I wonder if my body is just getting ready for being nocturnal? I went to sleep @ 3am... and woke up at 7:30. I peed @ 4:30,5:10,6:35, & 7:30. Just getting back into bed is exhausing. My bladder sure is getting a workout.
Parker's Parent's came to our house for 6 hours yesterday. I don't usually count the hours of their visits... it's just that this time they showed up at 4pm.. and had to leave by 10. They live 3 hours away! We couldn't talk them into staying the night. The reason for thier visit was so they could watch the kids while Parker and I went out to a nice dinner. Parker and I went to Houston's. For the first time in 10 years of eating at Houston's, I ate the prime rib. I gotta tell ya, it was worth the hour wait... cause for a former veggie burger turned temporary carnivore~ the prime rib was darn tasty( if I didn't think about the fact that I was eating cow muscle.) I obviously couldn't finish the entire meal... but Parker did his best to try and help me. :) The dinner was nice.I think we finally decided on a boy's name. Which eases my mind a little. We had a long talk about circumcision and our differing feelings. I'm still a little worried about the circumcision debate. Parker read that 1 in 10 men who aren't circumcised end up getting circumcised as an adult. Our pediatrician said that he sees more children who aren't circumcised with urinary tract infections, and other skin infections that are painful and require antibiotics. Parker researched that men with foreskins are the only people who get cancer of the penis. Parker said : as a person who has a penis, he can't imagine having to get circumcised. Having it done as an infant is really the only humane thing he can think of. I listened to his reasons. I listened to our pediatrician. I respect the Judaism side of circumcision. I still have clear reservations. I also have respect for my husband and our pediatrician. IF we do decide to circumcise, I will be very sad. It's not the pain aspect of the procedure. ( remember my kids had 8 surgeries collectively...I watched my kids suffer so they could survive. I never got upset when they cried w/ vaccines... etc... I know that these things are neccessary, and that the pain subsides. I have been poked and prodded from the age of 2 with no complaints, and I know that these things not only helped me survive, they made me stronger.) My main issue: if men weren't supposed to have foreskins they wouldn't be born with them. That's it. Ohh clearly I am still torn. Hopefully we can come to a decision without things getting heated.

Now, if I could only drain my ankles ( which are 5 times their usual size) and find a comfortable position to sit/lie in I'd be golden. Ohh Tiny... are you ready yet?????

1 comment:

Testdriver said...

Did I hear right that you are going in Thursday?

I got real interested in the circumcision debate, so I asked Dr. Sears...

He's here to back you up, should you decide to put your big swollen foot down.

www.askdrsears.com

Let me know, 'kay?