Sunday, January 22, 2006

Save a seat for me in Hell.

Okay okay. I deserve any " I told you so's." I deserve, " you are a big meanie" ... And I deserve the river of dog pee on the rugs that has been left for me in the past 4 months.

The dog I had sworn to never like again ( after she saturated every single square inch of carpet in our guest room ) has: a "MASSIVE" urinary tract infection and lyme's disease. Poor Ruby Jones. I am awful. She woke up yesterday unable to walk ( joint pain from lyme's) and had peed 3 times in the kids room overnight. I was getting ready to put her outside with a sign around her neck that said " free dog... Take her~ and we'll pay you."

After a day on meds ( a couple hundred bucks worth... Serves me right) she seems to actually have a little spring in her step. She didn't run from me when I asked her to go outside and go pee... And this morning she gave me her paw.( the sore one)

We still need to get the carpets cleaned ( obviously)... But now we know this isn't behavioral... SHE'S SICK. **big sigh** I thought the vet was gone call doggie social services on me.
I am however, making a "spa date" for Ruby Jones so she can get a bath, get her ears cleared out... And the folds in her face de-stained. I'm not so sure how she's gone handle all that attention. People who know her know that she has a touch of the anxiety in new environments. I hope she does fine and rather enjoys her special day of attention and cleansing. She deserves it. She's been putting up with my screaming and carrying on for months now.

Today's game: Re-program children to call Ruby Jones by her name... Not ," you stinky, smelly dog."

No comments: