Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I have to admit it

Okay.. I tried to avoid this. I tried to be one of those women who LOVE being pregnant. I have LOVED being pregnant...until now. I have had an easy "go" as far as this gestation thang goes.. but now I have to tell you that after a night in the hospital...I mayyyy be changing my tune a bit. After having every device under the sun jammed into my coot.... I am shall we say.. .sore. I am still having contractions, I am unable to get a deep breath, and the feet in my ribs are a little ( in my whispering voice) annoying at times. I have really enjoyed my pregnancy... even the scary times... because dammit, I got to EXPERIENCE these things. Fewww!!!.. I'm glad I got that off my chest.
After today's BPP ( which went fine after Tiny finally woke up) I received a phone call from Dr. Landy. I told ther that I was still having contractions. She told me that she got the lab results from my visit to L&D and apparently I DON'T have a UTI... I have a staph infection. I had to pack up the kids I had just picked up from school, and schlep over to the pharmacy to pick up my much stronger antibiotic. Dr. Landy also said that the contractions may be sensations caused by the staph infection and to give it 24 hours ( unless the contractions got worse of course) SO I have been contracting every 4-7 minutes for about an hour. I am a little confused as to what I should be doing. Go to Georgetown and have them tell me " you're not dialated. OR not go to Georgetown and freak out that I am dialating. Sigh. What to do what to do...
It's been an hour another hour and I'm still contracting. My back kinda hurts. I don't know if I'm just uncomfortable from pregnancy... or if I am sick. Now the best thing ever is that I feel nauseous to top it all off. Another sigh.

No comments: