Friday, January 20, 2006

Sizin' up

I had my Friday morning BPP today and all was well. Tiny was in there kickin' it old school and actually stayed awake for the whole test. Whew! That's a first. Just to paint a little picture for you: a BPP involves; a fetal heart monitor, a contraction monitor ( both for 20 minutes to a half an hour) and a sonogram to measure movements and the amniotic fluid index. Normal amniotic fluid measures 8-24 cm. Today mine was 12 cm. It is common to be one of 4 women getting a BPP in the same room at the same time. Most of the women are expecting multiples.. .except for me. ;) ( I already took that route( kinda) and I'm cool with a singleton who is being closely watched) Today there was a chatty Cathy ( which is saying a lot for me.. .those of you who know me know that I can talk it up with the best of them) This particular chatterbox girl is expecting boy/girl twins ( first kid(s)) She was very sweet really. She had a lot of questions about life with twins. She wanted to know if I breastfed, when/if I separated them when sleeping/feeding... the works. I tried to keep my composure and not scream " WHEN THEY TURN 4 RUN AWAY!" I wanted to be honest and tell her that someone is gonna start some drama.. and you don't want no drama... but I felt it was nicer for me to let this woman work up to that phase. ( the phase where we play the game " I want the orange marker and just because you have it and I want it.. I'll draw all over the kitchen cabinets with a red marker in protest... and scream "I'm not going to time out!") Ahhh yes a set of 4 year olds.... again I will exhaust this point: TWINS ARE HARD WORK.. anyone who wishes for twins better have a lot of patience. I spent a little time with my friend Amanda after the BPP. Her 3 week old daughter ( name withheld ) is just about the same size as Tiny. I was holding said baby up to my belly sizing her up, trying to imagine pushing something her size out of my coot. Said babe is about 7lbs 14 oz currently. She seemed so small to me. I keep imagining a huge Millie sized baby coming out of me... but said baby's size seemed reasonable. Amanda is doing the mommy thing just perfectly... all with ease. Said babe is absolutely perfect in every way. I hope we are as lucky. I had a dream last night that Tiny was born and it was a boy. I cried and cried because Parker and I haven't decided on a boy's name 100% and I was sad because we HAVE decided on a girl's name. I also was sad in the dream because I didn't want to circumcise. Apparently we have a lot of issues to talk over before the " main event." I should probably get them all settled in for bed. Tiny has the hiccups... I have heartburn.. Millie is hacking up a lung.. Holden is jumping on the couch... and Parker is asleep on the couch. Ahhhh life is so glamorous over here.

No comments: