Saturday, January 28, 2006

I think she's starting to forgive me.

After a week of antibiotics and pain killers, It is clear that Miss Ruby Jones ( our bulldog who was named after the coolest security guard at the Corcoran when I was in Art School) seems to not only feel better, she actually LIKES being around us!

As a little treat ( I think more for me than for her) I took Ruby Jones to the groomer for an all around " day at the spa." Something needed to be done about the stink, seriously. Ruby signed up for: a mani-pedi/ear wax removal/and all over body massage.( bath) She even opted for a style change. ( see bow in photo) ( we talked about the bow on the ride home from the spa, and she made it abundantly clear that it was a mistake and she preferred to look more " bad ass" than "pretty". ( although imagining her dancing around the kitchen singing " I feel pretty" is something that did make me giggle a little) I followed her lead and removed the bow. ( only after I took many incriminating photos of her... for when we haze her @ her wedding or something. :) ) In true dog fashion, when we got home, Ruby Jones rubbed her little meatloaf self all over the furniture, rolled all over the rug, and barked at her butt. ( again, she is a little portly and she can't itch her own butt.. so she opts to bark at it instead)
Anyways, I am happy to report that Ruby Jones must be the toughest dog to have ever lived. Her test results for Lymes came back. When a dog has a "high postive" result for Lyme's, the number is 37. Ruby Jones rang in @ 171! AGGGAHHH! Poor lil' chicken and dumplins. The vet said that we will have to run a longer course of antibiotics, but she should be fine, and no I'm not going to doggie owner jail, she didn't give us any indication that she wasn't feeling well... okayyyy... I know she pee'd on the carpet for 5 months... but she didn't give us any PHYSICAL indicators! Ohh please don't make my guilt-o-meter go off the charts, I have enough hormones raging right now.

No comments: