Thursday, January 19, 2006

The "Scary Doctor."

I had my weekly OB appointment with another one of the doctors in the practice today. I will refer to her as the "scary doctor."

A few weeks ago I spoke with Dr. L's head nurse about my concerns with a doctor other than Dr. L delivering Tiny. Meredith ( nurse) suggested that if I needed to be induced when Dr. L was away she would look @ the schedule and arrange for me to have someone "cool" deliver Tiny. She made mention of a particular doctor and said that she preferred that " Mean Doctor" didn't do the delivery due to her "cold bedside manner." I have been a little freaked out since that conversation... ( because you know I need nice people around me at all times or I cry) but know that I have no control over the matter... so I need to suck it up. Well, today I had an appointment with "mean Doctor" and she was fine. I mean, I didn't want to hug her or anything, but I didn't leave feeling neglected, sad, or scared. So I feel loads better having at least met her... just in case she ends up performing a c-section on me.

All went well at the doctor's visit medically. Tiny has a nice steady heartbeat ( about 140 beats per minute) and has " great breathing movements." My belly measures 37 cm. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. " Mean ( I mean "Nice")Doctor" said that my measurements are just fine. I actually lost 5 lbs in a week. I will say the weight loss can be attributed to me losing all the swelling/fluid in my legs. My ankles are back baby! Shoes fit! I can actually wear socks ( if someone helps me put them on.. because I always fall over trying to put on socks by myself. Let me tell you.. it ain't pretty)

I am starting to freak out a little about the delivery again. I'm not sure what my pain threshhold really is. I always prided my ability to just deal with pain... but if my labor goes on and on... how much will I be able to handle? As some of you know, Parker has a tendancy to 'worry' a bit when he's not in control. I am scared that I will be a big meanie and he will get frustrated with me and the experience will suck the big one. I keep telling myself... " this is Parker's delivery too.. don't ruin it for him." I know all this worrying is normal... so I will just wait until those moments arise, and know that it will pass.

Millie and Holden are in the other just chillin' out. I think I'll go join in on the fun.

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

Well that's cool if that is the worst of the bunch!

And good job Tiny!