Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tiz the season

Ya know... I try. I try so hard I almost outdo how hard I am trying to begin with. Things have been going relatively well since the kids were enrolled in an all day jr. kindergarten. Yep they are in school from 9am-3pm. They are stimulated, entertained,nurtured, and fed. I felt a lot of guilt about enrolling them in this program since they are only 4 years old.. but I have so many doctor's appointments, it only makes sense to set the peeps up with some consistency. SO Jr K it is! They have been loving the program. So I feel like we made a good decision ... especially with the possible early delivery of Tiny right around the corner. ( 3 weeks from now) I am currently trying my hardest to remember that feeling of " I want my babies around me at all times"... that " I don't want my babies to grow up"... stuff we all feel when they are small. After tonight's display.. I am researching nursery schools w/ a boarding school option. After days of begging from the kids to decorate for Christmas... I started pulling out the holiday decor. Whilst wrapping STUPID TANGLED lights around a small tree... MY children.... the children I always thought were somewhat well behaved... decided that it would be a good idea to run around the first floor of our home w/snowman salt and pepper shakers ( snowman salt and pepper shakers I don't even like ( a little too hallmark country kitchen)... but were a gift... so I have to use them)and pour salt and pepper all over the place. People I'm telling you... sounds came out of my mouth that didn't even sound human. I have never in all of my days screamed the way I screamed at that moment in time. Millie looked at me and said in a very serious voice" YOU'RE NOT NICE." I responded w/ a very clear, teeth clenched... " I am the nicest thing that has ever happened to you.. and you 2 just poured salt and pepper all over the floor... you wanna tell me what's nice about that? Now, not only do I have to clean up.. I have to pee my pants every 3 seconds from sneezing while I fix this mess. If I were you I'd stop telling me that I'm not nice... and I get to your room." The kids ran into their rooms laughing. I seriously debated in my very groggy head just walking out the front door... but decided that I would be uncomfortable since 1) I'm in nothing but a kinda tight , braless maternity shirt and some granny panties. & 2) it's cold. + A few of my neighbors already think I'm weird... I think a sight like that would pretty much clinch it for them. I know poor Tiny is wondering , "uh... what the?" I am so tired of this 4 year old crap I could spit. But hey, happy holidays everyone... oh and one more thing... if you have kids.. hide the ol' salt and pepper shakers and save yourself the trouble.

3 comments:

M said...

Agh! I can't blame you for going off! Give yourself a pat on the back for not running away though... trust me, I know it's hard to resist the urge! BTW, 4 isn't too young to learn to vaccuum, is it??

Amy said...

Mel,
No 4 is definitely not too early to learn to vacuum in this house.. it's just they would have had so much fun vacuuming I couln't bring myself to allow them the joy.. when I was in such a bad mood! Now that I look back.. it would have been a little more difnigied compared to screaming my head off. Ahh lessons learned.. :)

Mama C-ta said...

I can just picture it...the granny panties that is :)