Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thump thump, thump thump

Okay so, Tiny and I saw Dr. Doroshow ( pediatric cardiologist) this afternoon to check and see how the ol' tricuspid regurgitation was doing. Dr. Doroshow's hope was to find that after a month, the T.R. had resolved itself... and all was well. What Dr. D found wasn't bad per se... but it wasn't great. It seems that the amount of regurgitation on the tricuspid valve from the aorta had increased slightly. Nothing to write home about... still not an issue.. it's just that if the valve continues to leak ... the heart muscle will stretch. We don't want that. Stretching of the heart muscle causes erythema... yada yada... basically we don't want the heart to stretch. I asked her what to expect if the next time I come in ( in 4 weeks) and the TR hasn't resolved. She said " we'll deliver the baby. Tricuspid regurgitation at this level will resolve itself after delivery, since the circulatory system changes after birth ( no placenta etc...) To avoid the heart from un-do stress we'd just deliver and watch nature do it's job." So yep... there is a slight possibility that I will deliver Tiny in 4 weeks... which puts me @ almost 32 weeks. I am currently 27 weeks and 5 days... a major milestone for us: This is the day ( gestationally) that Millie and Holden were born. I'm feeling pretty good about not delivering a " micro preemie." ( babies born under 27 weeks and under 1500 grams)

Tiny is very active these days. Kicking mostly my ribs and my right side. My belly button is getting ready to blow out. My face is definitely getting rounder... along with my thighs and arms. It's all part of my " lovely lady lumps" package. Holden's new favorite song to sing is : "My Humps." As much as I loathe hip hop music... I gotta tell you there is nothing funnier than a 4 year old boy skipping through the house singing " my lumps, my lumps, my lovely lady lumps... in the back and in the front" Thanks a lot Black Eyed Peas! heeeeeeeeee

I see Dr. Ratner in the morning. I'm sure I'll hear all about how I'm gonna " go early." I 'll just nod and smile... and know that for today ~all is well.
We are traveling to OCMD for Thanksgiving. It should be a fun time. I hope I don't swell up on the drive. You know how I love to have anxiety attacks ... and Parker, well, he just can't deal with the drama. :) I know that Thanksgiving will be extra special this year. We sure have a lot to be thankful for...

I hope everyone has a nice Holiday weekend. I will update when we return.

2 comments:

M said...

Have a great Thanksgiving. I hope everything looks ok at your next checkup. And congratulations on making it past the time you went in your last pregnancy! I know what a relief that is. At this point you know what to expect and you're better prepared. My Em was born at 32 weeks, breathed on her own, and even though she was IUGR came home just one day shy of 6 weeks later. Everything will work out :)

Mama C-ta said...

Hang in there Hame! I hope you and your family had a great holiday.