Wednesday, December 21, 2005

get back to bed

Okay so, I guess gaining 4 pounds in one week is bad? Dr. Ratner was pleased with everything but the fact that I am retaining a ton of fluid in my legs and feet. He put me back on modified bedrest w/ strict rules," you lay on your left side all day and all night for a week ( he gave me Christmas off) and if the swelling is down... all should be okay.. .if you ignore me and run all around and go crazy... I guarantee you'll be in the hospital next weekend. " Okay, okay I'll listen! Other than that everything is just fine . I am however at that point where the pregnancy is starting to feel like work. I don't really sleep at all. I typically wake up every 1/2 hour all out of breath. I have a touch of the sciatica.. ( not all the time.. but I have my moments) and I seriously have a yoga prodigy growing in my uterus. I mean how many times a day do you think Tiny needs to do " warrior 2?" As far as I can tell.. it's at least 24 times a day. Find your chakra already~ jeesh Tiny!! The braxton hicks are getting lower and painful. I was informed today by Dr. R's receptionist that I have " dropped." Well that can't be good.. since I have 8 weeks to go. I'm not complaining about the pregnancy... don't get me wrong, I still feel like being pregnant is a true gift... I'm just stating : I sure would love to be able to sleep... 'cause I KNOW what's in store for me for the next 6 months. ( or longer) Alright, I better get those address labels printed up so we can send out Christmakah cards this year. I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Mama C-ta said...

I hope you are in bed and not reading this right now HAME! Unles you have a laptop and then you can have it in bed but damn you better be on your left side.

xoxo

M said...

Ugh, the sciatica. I had it with Ava and feel your pain. Bedrest with Ava, too, so I know how much that sucks, but definitely worth it if it'll keep the little one in there a little longer! Now you have no excuse for not sleeping as much as possible before Tiny's here and you're a zombie all over again!