Thursday, December 15, 2005

th' weekly

I saw Dr. Ratner yesterday. I was a little late.. but my blood sugar dove to 30 before I left for my appointment... so driving was kind of out of the question until I got the bloodsugar up. Dr Ratner patted me on the back and told me that I "did the right thing." The visit was short and sweet, as usual. Every 4 weeks I have to hand in a 24 hour urine. You know how I LOVE this test.( notice the sarcasm) Typically I fill 1 1/2 jugs ( each totalling 2000 CCs) Welllll yesterday I handed in half of one jug. ( so.. I handed in 1000 CCs-vs- 3000) Not because I forgot about catching my pee... it's just that I didn't pee a lot the day before. Dr. Ratner was a little concerned. He looked over his reading glasses at me with his very Jim Henson-ish face while wearing his John and Yoko tie... and said " Amy~ ( he likes to start his sentances with my name when he's serious) .. " Amy~ I will be THRILLED if you make it to 2006 with your pregnancy. It's stuff like this 24 hour urine that tells me that your body is just getting tired of this arrangement." He said that everything could be fine and he would get the test results back on Friday ( tomorrow) and he'd let me know if any "decisions" needed to be made. So...my fingers are crossed that all is well...and I don't need to be induced @ 31 weeks. I have SO MUCH to do before this kid is born. Speaking of which.. I better get back to cleaning out the guest room closet... my mom is gonna be moving in with us for a while. I better clear some space for all of her stuff. :)

2 comments:

M said...

Aww, I hope he/she stays put for a little while longer. Good luck!

Mama C-ta said...

Hang on Tiny!!!

Please give me a call if you are getting induced or have someone tell me when you have the baby!!