Monday, December 12, 2005

30 weeks

We obviously got one of those 4-D sonograms today. TOTALLY freaky, don't you think? I mean, you can actually SEE what Tiny looks like. Parker is completely freaked by this picture... I totally understand why.. but I still think it's neat-o. Clearly Tiny was pausing for a moment to think... but then went back to kicking me in the ribs after the picture was taken. ( Not so) Tiny is measuring inthe 93rd percentile... which weighs him/her in @ 4 lbs... and 15" long. S/he is doing just fine in every way. The sonogram tech said " you've got a chubby one in there!" Funny. I kept looking at this picture expecting Tiny to look like either Millie or Holden... but nope.. I don't see the resemblance in any way. Anyways.. very cool day.

AS most of you who read this know ( since you attended) Suze and my mom threw me a very nice "un-shower" yesterday.( Poor Aunt Suze couldn't attend due to a very sudden ilness... but is doing better today) I was thrilled to see friends from all aspects of my life. It looked like everyone seemed to enjoy thier time together, and I enjoyed not being the center of attention.. and I could control where and when I moved around. I get so nervous @ showers! This was so nice... just laid back.. no fuss. I hafta say I thought it was funny that Holden won the toilet paper/belly game. I guess he would know... since he hugs me all the time.:) I got a real kick out of that. He got a kick out of winning a mug filled w/ hershey's kisses.:)

All in all this week was just great. I am so lucky to have the support of my friends and family with me as I go on this adventure... and I am also lucky to know that Tiny is doing just fine in this body of mine.

3 comments:

Mama C-ta said...

I love the sonogram!! I wanted one of the 4Ds so badly, almost paid out of pocket just to get one. they are very creepy yet so cool and Tiny is beautiful. Very contemplative, he/she will make a good companion to Julian :)

Had a great time at your shower yet couldn't leave thinking "how can a very pregnant girl have a better body AND a better wardrobe than me???" And I was a little disappointed not to meet your sis, Ginger and Kare. But fun was had by all.

keri said...

Hame - That sono is great. I cant wait to meet Tiny. I am sad I couldnt make it to the shower, so am requesting a recent belly pic...pls send. I hope suze is feeling better... Will call you this week to see what is new. xoxoxoxoxo

M said...

Awesome! Beautiful baby!