Friday, December 30, 2005

Today's BPP

Since we were exposed to some sort of rotovirus thing this past week... I was unable to find a sitter for MS & HIP... so Daddy stepped up to the plate :) We all drove to Georgetown this morning together, which was pretty funny. Well, except for the part where Parker lectured me on how to drive... that part pissed me off. Obviously since I drive to Georgetown 4 times a week, I have no idea how to drive, love. Don't even start with the , " I was just trying to help" crap. Nope... not gonna listen to that. We arrived at the hospital in time. I packed the portable DVD player ( on loan from my parents) and Parker and the kids watched " the adventures of Scooby Doo ( Holden's fave) while Tiny seemingly took a nap. The whole point of the bpp is to monitor Tiny's movements and amniotic fluid levels. Typically this test takes about a half an hour. Today it took 45 minutes just to wake Tiny up. My amniotic fluid levels are still within normal. ( sometimes women who have diabetes and are pregnant have issues in the 3rd trimester due to the placenta "aging" quickly.) On Tuesday my amniotic fluid level was 14 cm. Today it was 11 cm. Normal range is between 8 and 24 cm. Parker was a little freaked...but I assured him that all was fine and these levels can change periodically. Now he has me a little worried, so I put in a call to Meredith ( Dr. Landy's nurse) to see if this is all within the norm. I'm still waiting for her call... but I'm sure everything is A-ok. ( or the bpp nurse would have said something.) I get another non-stress test/bpp on Tuesday... so we'll see if everything is still going smoothly.
Tiny can't seem to find a place to put his/her foot these days. It seems that my bottom ribs are a good anchor for him/her. Not that I don't love this pregnancy thing... I'm just wishing I could take a DEEP breath and not have a foot push into my lung. Alright it seems that there is something hitting the wall in the other room... and now MS is yelling, " OWWW HELLLPPPPPP!" ( but laughing hysterically...) I can only imagine.

No comments: