Monday, August 22, 2005

Mrs. Grumpy

Maybe it's because I'm tired. Maybe it's because the vet @ the Pet ER said that Scarlett most likely has lung cancer. Maybe it's that lately, I love to hate everyone. Or, maybe it's because I felt like I had some control, and now it's gone. Today I am in a sad funk. Yes I am terrified to hear what the internist at the vet's office is going to say tomorrow morning. I never want tomorrow to even arrive. I just cannot imagine our family without Scarlett, and I don't want to watch her die slowly. I CANNOT put her down. Now, I do not know what her prognosis will be exactly, but I am always prepared for the worst. I learned that in the NICU. The real reason I am angry right now is because Parker was discussing our baby name possibilities w/ some ( unnamed people) and they put down every name! OKAY. Here's where I wonder where the heck people get off. I don't give a rat's behind about what people name their kids. If someone told me , " I wanna name my baby " Water" I'd say," that's so cool, what was your inspiration?" Naming a kid is one of the hardest parts about being a parent, and now the problem is: I know these 2 people don't like the one very strong possibility. So every time we see them, I'll know they don't like what we named our kid.. and I will secretly be so mad. This is why I don't want to discuss our ideas on names anymore. I'm not upset with Parker, he was probably cornered, I am so hurt that these people had the nerve to say anything negative about our options/ So~ a little hint from someone who has enough sense to keep certain opinions to herself: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything @ all.I learned that one in nursery school. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Donna, you said it straight up. I have had it w/ people who think they are so cool that not only do they poo poo the first pick name.. they go and steal the second pick and say shit like " oh we were hoping to use that name when we have kids" I have never wanted to tell someone to f-off more than I do right now. GRR.
ps I love all of your kids' names. They are all perfect.