Thursday, September 01, 2005

Update

I went back to the radiology center @ Georgetown yesterday and had a follow up sonogram to check my cervix. The concern was that the mild contractions were causing my cervix to dilate or thin. The good news is: the cervix looks " long and closed." Tiny was in there kickin' all around and opening his/her mouth. The sonogram tech said " this baby is a tall one." ( measuring 15 weeks and 6 days in length...( 10cm) -vs- what it should be measuring @ 15 weeks and 2 days) I laughed and said " are you sure? Our people aren't ' tall.' " She laughed.
The bad news is: the clot is still there. A portion of the clot is in the amniotic sac, but is a few millimeters away from the placenta. If the clot were behind the placenta, I would definitely be at a high risk to miscarry. The placenta, however is low in my uterus. The tech said" I'm not gonna call this previa, yet. " She went on to explain that if the placenta grows a little bit... It most likely will cover the top of my cervix... Which just throws my fantasy of a natural birth right out the window. For now, everything is okay.. We just have to watch. I have another sonogram scheduled on September 21st. Hopefully everything will be a little bit clearer then.

3 comments:

reet said...

keep on kickin' tiny. and stay put dernit. sheesh. yer mama needs a breather.

Amy said...

thanks you guys.. Tiny Parker seems happy and has been kickin' me all over over the place for last few days. I think s/he is wondering why the heck I'm not moving around more. SO far every thing is Hunkey Dorey.

Kisses,
Ame

Mama C-ta said...

Thank goodness he/she's loving it in there, but you have my thoughts and prayers and support every day (despite me being so behind on the blog)