Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Last day of summer

The kids start school in the morning. I am actually pretty glad. It's not that I don't love my children.( obviously) It's just that I know I'm not challenging them enough these days. Holden asked me today how carseats were made. I answered to the best of my ability, which in turn turned into a cat and mouse game of "why?" and " because." Which is driving me nuts. I am a much cooler mom when they go to school for a few hours each day. I get all the crap I hafta do , done in the morning, and when I pick them up, I'm relaxed and ready for the evening shift. We had a really fun summer, but it's time for structure. I attended a meeting @ the kids' school tonight, and I now remember why we chose Jefferson At Fieldcrest Montessori. ( a HUGE name for a teeny tiny school.) It's a family away from family. The teachers are amazing. The facilities have all the true basics w/ a little bit of homegrown flair. We love it. I am nervous about drop off ( Holden cried every single day of school last year) Millie is looking forward to seeing her boyfriend, Rohan. Holden says " I'm not gonna go to school." *sigh. Anyways, I am dropping the peeps off @ school @ 7:45am... and then I am driving to Towson so I can be @ St. Joe's during Suze's c-section. We are so excited! I can't wait to see if baby Roarty is a boy or a girl. I bet 20 bucks that it's a girl. We'll see @ 10 am. Squeal! Big day tomorrow. I better get all the lunches packed, clothes picked out, & love letters drawn.

1 comment:

bluesuecat said...

do you send your children to fieldcrest in canton ohio? i was thinking of sending my kids there- what do you think of the school?