Thursday, September 08, 2005

The kids survived! YAY! After a 5:30 am phone call from Aunt Suze saying, " Ame, I'm having contractions and we are on our way to the hospital." I gathered myself together, made arrangements with Parker to get the kids to school, and got to Baltimore. ( after sitting in traffic for 2 hours) I witnessed my "first birth." It was awesome. Suze did a stellar job. Very inspiring to say the least. If I bet actual money I would've won.. since Suze delivered a healthy, happy and most beautiful baby girl, Virginia ( Ginger ) Elaine Roarty. Ginger weighed 7# 11oz, and she was 21 1/2 " long. It was fun talking to a brand new baby.Just seconds after the birth, Ginger was obviously screaming her little head off and I walked up and said , " Hey, Ginger Snap, what's wrong kid?" That baby stopped screaming, opened her eyes, and stared at me. I can tell she's a genius already. I couldn't be happier for Suze and Danny. I stuck around the hospital until about 4:30 and got back on the road to pick MS & HIP up from school. They greeted me at the door all smiles and happiness. They had a great day at school, and they were ready to come home and get some rest. Parker told me that on the way to school that morning, Millie and Holden debated if they would cry when they got to school, or not. Millie said that she wouldn't cry, but if Holden needed to, it would be okay. So funny. This morning's drop off wasn't quite as easy. Holden turned on the waterworks for a few minutes. That stuff always breaks my heart, but I know they're in a good place, so I drove off happily, for my 3 hours of peace. :)

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

Awesome for your sis, no c-section needed! Ginger so cute. And yeah I would have won the bet too, I knew it was a girl since my shower. Not sure how/why but I still win!