Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm out

Okay so this weekend I pretty much outed myself to family. Parker , the kids, and I drove to West Virginia to attend his family reunion. We had planned on telling his family our news this early, because we only really see his family once a year. We wanted to "come out" in person. We got very nice responses from everyone.
Also, I told Marce, Mel, Aunt Ginny and Lulu @ the farm. I got very loving and supportive responses from everyone. It felt good to get it off my chest. Keeping this secret has been so hard.
I am still going to wait to tell friends( although I did tell the Beverly's... Since I didn't want my big ol' belly to freak them out @ Slic's baby shower) for 2 more weeks. In hindsight, 2 weeks isn't really that long. I have been feeling better about this pregnancy lately. I almost feel like I mayyy be out of the woods. I don't want to set myself up.. so I will continue to be cautious. I will say: the morning sickness has been on a steady rise over the last week... and someone PLEASE tell me what the heck I am supposed to do with these boobs? Sheesh!

The other issue: naming this kid. I am starting to think that we won't be able to name it. Parker and I haven't been seeing eye to eye on this one.It seemed easier with Millie and Holden. We are not going to find out the gender of the babe. We are also not releasing the names we have picked until the kid is born ( a little tip we picked up from Mama C-ta.. thanks Cara! That was a good one) We will however be telling peole that if the baby is a boy we will name him " Bill." If the baby is a girl, we will name her " Hillary." So far, not too many peole have picked up on the Clinton reference... but the people who did pick up on it laugh and laugh. I will tell you one thing. This child will not be named George W.

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

Glad I could help but get ready for constant badgering, but it's better than "why would you name him that?" You'll have a big a** double surprise, that's the way to do it, not knowing gender and name, I can't stand the wait!

I thought you had a girl name picked out from before? I won't say it here incase you do use it!

And glad to hear you got to spread the news a bit, it's liberating.