Thursday, June 23, 2005

Panic button

SO everything was going as planned. I have been living my life as normally as possible over the last few weeks... hoping to not get too caught up in the fact that I am pregnant,just in case something happened. Other than the nausea, massively growing chest, and exhaustion, everything was fine... until Tuesday morning.


I woke up at about 6 am. This is unheard of for me. I typically make fun of people who are morning people, and I was rather proud of the fact that my children will sleep until 11am. This has all changed. For some reason I sit up every day at 6 am... and that's it.. I'm up. Maybe it's some sort of clue that the littlest Parker will have a different sleeping schedule than the rest of the Parker family. If this holds true... this poor child will be lonely in the morning hours. :) ( I mean , even Scarlett & Ruby Jones sleep unitl 2 pm) Back to the point: Tuesday was like every other day: wake up.. feel sick.. pee 30 times an hour... etc... except I felt crampy. The cramp was isolated on the left side. I didn't like this feeling.. but figured I had a lot to learn about the aches and pains of pregnancy. It was the 30th trip to the bathroom that I noticed a "spot" in my unders. A SPOT! I put 2 and 2 together, and realized: I was crampy and spotting at 6 weeks. I had this sinking feeling that this was the begnning of the end. I quickly called a friend who assured me that she spotted during 2 of her 3 pregnancies.. and to just " call the doctor." Now, WHICH DOCTOR? I have so many! I started with Dr. Ratner. Who of course was out of town. The nice doctor on call advised me to call my GYN. I called my gyn and the nurse told me to get a sonogram. Parker met me at the radiology lab. I sat there wondering how I was going to compose myself if the news was bleak. I sat there shaking. They called our names and we went in. The sonogram tech was quiet.. and finally said " welp, you have a perfectly formed egg yolk in a perfectly formed sac, which is what we are looking for. Everything looks fine." I felt my blood pressure drop back to it's normal place, and I listened as she told us that everything looks great, including " your cervix is long and closed, and the lining looks good." Parker commented on my ovaries and said " your ovaries look sexy today" Which made the sonogram tech giggle. You hafta wonder the things that woman hears. We were elated. We had a perfectly formed egg yolk who is obviously a morning person.
Back on the homefront: Millie and Holden were playing @ a neighbor's home during my appointment. When my neighbor asked if there was anything the kids couldn't eat or do I told her " nope." Turns out: The kids all played " guns" together while I was gone. Which is Parker and my biggest NO-NO! There is no gun play/violience ALLOWED in this home. ( sigh. now what??!)Note to self: next time Millie & Holden play @ this particular neighbor's house, they will let the neighbors know " guns are stupid" and encourage everyone to play a NICE game. ( hey.. this is MY board... if you disagree.. get your own blog!)
I have an appointment with my obgyn today. I am nervous of course, but since I feel like throwing up this very instant, I think everything is gonna be okay.

2 comments:

keri said...

Hame - you know I am new to this whole blogging concept. I tried to just create a name & might've created my own blog? I dont know. Anyway, I was so relieved when you told me the other day your sono was good. Let me know about your dr appt today

Mama C-ta said...

(Cool, comments are working for me now) I'm very happy to hear about your good sonogram showing off your PERFECT, happy, little early morning yolk and sexy ovaries. And like they say...morning sickness, a good sign for a well established pregnancy!

Lots of love and positive thoughts your way!

xoxo
Cara