Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I need support

Yesterday marks the real beginning of morning sickness. Um UCK poo! I survived and I know people experience worse.. but man.. that was kinda rough. I pulled through... and today was better than yesteday. The reason for today's post is that I fainted last night.


Yesterday I actually took a nap. This was no power nap people, although it was very powerful. I slept for 2 and a half hours in the afternoon, ( while the peeps napped) which in turn, made me wide awake in the evening. For the first time in probably a year, Parker and I watched a movie together. We ordered " Meet the Fockers." That movie was so painful to watch! We laughed and laughed. After the movie was over I went up to take my shower and get settled into bed. After my shower, I decided to finish up my palm pilot journal for the day and set up today's journal while I was at it. As I was typing, I noticed that the nausea was kicking in, so I took a few deep breaths, and continued typing. All of a sudden the room spun a little, and my vision tunnelled down to a pinpoint. I stumbled to the hallway and called for Parker. He didn't hear me. I then somehow made it to the kids' room and yelled down the back stair case, " Parker I need you!" He came running as fast as he could. He found me lying on the floor in the kids' room... pretty much face down, and spread eagle. He ran and got my glucose monitor and he helped me check my sugar. Which was 155. ( Good for a nightime reading) We could not figure out what the heck was going on, but we knew everything seemed okay.
In the morning, I put a call in to Dr. Ratner. Dr. Ratner called back and said " tell me exactly what happened." I explained the sitch, and he said " I believe you had a very typical vaso-vegal response most likely caused by a combination of your medication and being pregnant." He told me to " be careful standing up quickly, and to get a pair of support hose and to wear them for the rest of the pregnancy." Okay. N-O. No support hose. I don't DO hose. One of the reasons I love being a stay at home mom, who knows a ton about ceramics is that: I NEVER WEAR HOSE. I begged to find another solution. He said " wear the hose." Support hose. My very comfortable sweatpants are already starting to cut into my stomach in the evening.. and this guy expects me to wear support hose w/ out barfing my brains out. I almost told him to wear support hose. I know he was trying to help, but that was not what I wanted to hear @ all. Picture it: I'm at the park with my kids in a tank top, some bermuda shorts, and some very seasonal ( it's 100 degrees for those of you not keeping track)and sexy support hose w/ my flip flops. & I'm supposed to keep this pregnancy a secret for how long?? Support THIS! I think I'd rather faint.

2 comments:

Mama C-ta said...

Oh no support hose?! Alright lets put our heads together and think of a better idea. If it'll make you feel better, I'll go to the park w/you also wearing support hose and people will have to assume we know some fashion info they haven't heard about yet. It'll spread the nation...or at least nursing homes.

(and sorry about the sickness/fainting, I hope the morning sickness goes away ASAP and you just have to worry about the hose)

Amy said...

Cara, you make me laugh so hard! From now on you can just call me " Ho."