Friday, November 18, 2005

bad picture... ob update



So here you have it... I got a "baby blessing" henna'd on my belly. A little before and after shot for ya. I'm gonna get my belly re-inked because obviously the henna didn't set in my skin very well. We'll see how it goes the next time around.





An update on my visit to Dr. Landy ( OB) today.

Tiny feels,measures, and sounds great. My weight is good, my BP was great( 120/60) and of course my pee had protein in it .( it's been there since I was 13) Nothing to be worried about.
Dr Landy said " now this is when the fun begins." I said, " uhh what fun?" She said " I will see you in 2 weeks. After that I will see you each week. You will also start having biophysical profiles done every 7 days for 2 weeks ... then bi-weekly after that until you deliver." I stopped her and said " okayyy, but do tell, what is a biophysical profle exactly? " She explained that it is very detailed sonogram and it is important to keep tabs on the amount of amniotic fluid around the babe and to document the types of movements the baby is making... to see if the baby is stressed out. So now let's get this straight: I see Dr.Ratner ( endocrinologist) every 7 days... Dr. Landy every 7 days... a biophysical profile every 7 days for 2 weeks,then 2 times a week...a regular sonogram ( for measurements) every 3 weeks, and a fetal echocardiogram.( just one of those luckily) Okay. YOY. That seems like a lot of trips to Georgetown and Eastern market each week. I knew this was in the cards.. so I'm not surprised, but it seems that time kinda flew there. I wasn't expecting this for a long time . Dr. Landy is still holding steady at me delivering at 38 weeks. I think I like her tune a little better than Dr. R's. He's so pessimistic. ( Maybe he's realistic.. but still I'd prefer not to have a preemie. )

Okay.. my very overtired/undernapped children need to eat and read some bed time stories.

We will be attending 4.. count them 4 birthday parties this weekend. Wish me luck. I'm exhausted already.
Yawnnn.

5 comments:

keri said...

Hame - LOOK AT YOUR BELLY - its so cute. A nice round mound of rebound, not to mention the baby blessing is gorgeous. Seems like the MM will log alot of miles over the next couple of months, but it will all be worth it. Where are you guys for Thanksgiving? 4 parties seems like there might be alot of cake eating. Today, when we were eating lunch, reilly was asking me "what do millie & holden like to eat?" "what does parker like to eat?" "what does Millie & Holden's Amy like to eat" (i told her you like hot dogs :)

Mama C-ta said...

Damn you w/all the great ideas! I totally have to steal that blessing thing for my next pregnancy (and I'd totally love to steal the footprint tattoo idea but that's just a tad too personal and original for me to actually steal from a friend). Needless to say I love that BELLY! Such a perfect shape too!

Kare's comment got me wondering, are you still into the hot dogs or was that a 1 time slip for a vegetarian?? If you are eating them, eat 1 for me. No, eat 15 for me.

I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is going. Well seems like it to me! You've been a trooper, just going to all your dr. app is exhausting enough but you are actually attending 4 bday parties in 1 weekend!!! Rock on!

If they are monitoring everything so closely I would think you would be able to go to 38 weeks no prob! I'm crossing my fingers for ya.

Amy said...

Kare~
Tell that Reilly girl she is one funny lady. Also let her know that Millie and Holden love to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and popsicles. I do LOVE hotdogs... but alas.. I cannot eat them anymore or my legs swell up adn all the doctors freak out. We will be going to OCMD for Thanksgiving this year. I can't wait to eat a big turkey leg! Listen to me.

~Cara.. Get J's footpring tattoed on you. His footprint is different than MS & HIP's footprints.. sooo therefore.. it is DIFERENT.. totally not stealing! I love my "baby blessing" I wish it was permanent. I am also a huge carnivore these days. I LOVE meat. I make sure I eat 3 big servings a day. :)
Thanks for all your words of encouragement you guys. I need all the support I can get. It takes a village... right?

~XOHame

M said...

I'm new... linked over from Mama C-ta. Your belly is gorgeous! Not sure what your history is, but from what I can tell your twins were preemies. My oldest was too, 8 weeks early, 6 weeks in the NICU. Only a mother who's been there knows, right?! The goal was to make it to 38 weeks with the second, which we did, but only after a few scares at 30 and 35 weeks. Good luck... I've got you saved to my favorites so I'll be along for the ride!

Amy said...

Mel W... welcome to the fun house...we don't have quite as much fun here as we do @ Mama C-ta's link... but I'll try to keep you from falling asleep!
~Amy