Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Gained

I saw both Drs Landy and Dr. Ratner this week. Dr. Landy said that Tiny isn't too big and to stop worrying about that. My A1C is 6.0 which is where it should be, so I can't guilt myself into the blame for Tiny's growth spurt. My blood pressure was 110/60,and according to Dr. Landy's scale, I have gained 8lbs total. Yay. Dr Ratner on the other hand said that I have gained 14 lbs total, and that it's not fluid, so I need to stop eating so much. Okay I didn't think I WAS eating that much. SO I have to rearrange my diet for a little while. The other development is the size of my boobs. I didn't notice the growth until Parker informed me that my bra was obviously too small. ( apparently he could see the outline of my bra through my sweater... not good) I went into Mimi Maternity wearing a 34 B. I left wearing ( and I hope you are sitting while you are reading this) a 4o D. I kept trying on bras and I was spilling out of each one. The woman at the store came in with a 38 D and a back extender. That did the trick. Now... one of the big ( no pun intended) problem is : I can't see over my huge boobs to insert my pump catheter. I literally had to use a small mirror and try to push my boob out of the way to try to insert the needle. MAN! These things are BIG. I wanted to say to Dr. Ratner: maybe I have gained 14 lbs.. but you have to allow me 5 pounds per boob. I have noticed that my face is starting to get a little round ( I think I look the way I looked in high school ( if you were @ go JC.. you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm not as round as Ring Dance w/ Pete Tapley... but I'm getting there. ) )Parker and my mom said that my face hasn't changed, but I know they are lying. (:P) Dr. Ratner also informed me that Tiny will probably be born between 33 & 35 weeks. He said " the minute you show ANY signs of pre-eclampsia after 32 weeks we will consider inducing you." We talked about NICU stays etc.. but he was very assuring when he said that the babe wouldn't need to stay in the NICU unless some "preemie complications arise." SO that means that I have 14 more weeks tops. I'm not ready. I need more time. Oh I know I'm jumping the gun here, I must simmer down.Deep cleansing breaths. Okay I better hit it. HIP is home from school barfing today. I should probably stop ignoring my exsisting child's needs. More from me later.

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

Damn, I knew Dolly Parton is your fav, didn't know you were trying to end up like her you lucky dog.