Monday, January 01, 2007

It's that time of year again

You know how I love to reminisce. I love to look back and do the ol' " one year ago today" routine. Welp, one year ago today I woke up after a wild and crazy New Year's eve (ie: a pregnant Amy slept on the couch from 9-11:59... only to be awakened by her two 4 year olds and husband to bang on pots and pans on the back porch) and we made our weekly trip to the Deli for Bagels and lox. Throughout the day I noticed a little bit of tightening here and there in my lower belly . I figured braxton hicks were to blame. After eating a large helping of my family's traditional pork and saurkraut. I started noticing the tightening more often... and stronger by the minute. In kept a tally of contractions inmy journal. I put ona call to my OB and she said, " come one down here, we'll check things out." My friend Brandi was my " go to " person. She received a phone call. She popped on over and stayed with the kids until my mom could get here. I remember feeling that sinking feeling all the way to the hospital. Parker and I discussed boy names ( since we hadn't decided on one) and nervously chattered about what was going to happen. It was decided after 3 hours on a monitor that yes indeed I was contracting, but the contractions were not productive. I also was put on antibiotics because I had strep B. We were sent home. ( deep breath... that was a close one) It doesn't feel like a year has passed. As I sat and talked to Gus tonight while I was getting him ready to get in bed, I noticed that his cheeks aren't as round as they once were. His fingers know just what to do in order to pick up the exact toy he wants, he parrots back " ho ho ho" on perfect cue... followed by a belly laugh and a big smile and a little head butt, and when he crawls up the staircase at lightening speed, he knows that I am right behind him as he laughs the whole way up the steps. Funny how much can happen in a year.

No comments: