Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gym"nurse"sticks

It has come to my attention that Gus' desire to nurse has increased 10 fold over the past couple of weeks. Along with his desire, his activity level has also jumped up a notch as well. What used to be a nice spell of 20-30 minutes of intimate nursing time has now become somewhat of a contact sport.

Some of my favorite positions are:

The splat: it looks like someone dropped him out of the sky and he landed flat on my chest... arms and legs sprawled.

The Switcheroo: both mammies accessible. He straddles my hips & switches sides every 10-15 seconds. While he nurses on the left he cups the right gently in his right hand . Vise versa.

Warrior 4: ( for all you yoga buffs, you'll be able to picture it) While nursing on my left, he is standing on his right leg ( yes standing.) His trunk is "open to the sky" . His left arm is straight up in the air. His left leg is also in the air . He is kicking his leg vigoriously. My nipple stretches 100 feet to accommodate

The squat: he stands square in front of me on both feet, bent at theknees & hips not unlike a sumo wrestler. See the Switcheroo for nursing style with this one.

The bow: He stands on my legs and bends his hips at a 90 degree angle.

The Sing along: while straddled at my hips he performs the Switcheroo while making baby noises and laughs each time I mimic him.

The "smell this" technique: See the Switcheroo but occasionally he will slide a foot up between my boobs.Sticking his stinky little foot right in my face.

The kick: Typically he does this when he is nursing because he's bored. He lays flat on his back and kicks his one leg in the air over and over again. This also astounds me because my nip is so stretchy in this position.

Doin' the Butt: He performs the Squat position and ocassionaly puts his tiny heiny up in the air.

And finally ( my fave) The Jibber Jabber: He starts off panting frantically and waving his hands around in every direction. He starts his motor and says "mamamamamamamamama" all the way down to the boob. He then takes a big sigh and becomes milk drunk.

I knew that nursing was going to be an amazing experience, but I never ever ever pictured him flipping all over the place.

I love it nevertheless.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Amy - too funny - your descriptions are hilarious!

Amy said...

thanks!!My boy makes me funny.