Saturday, June 09, 2007

Chatterbox

  • Since I have slacked off entirely on the blogging gig...I thought I'd jump back in and update everyone on our baby man.( like the good ol' days) Our little Gus is quite a chatterbox. I have to say the only time he is quiet is when he is sleeping. His current vocabulary consists of:Mom, ( me) Mama,( people in general)Dada,Mi-ie( Millie) Huh( Holden) Boo Boo ( Ruby Jones) All done ( holding his hands palms up) un, doo, eeeee! ( 1,2,3!) Atchoo! OW! Uh uh,( while pointing his little finger) Boo? ( my favorite.. he points to my boob and looks at me and says Boo?) More more more ( while signing) eese( please) Pita pitaaa( pizza pizza.... just like the Little Caesars commercials) poo( pool) bah( ball) Daaaa( dog, or any 4 legged friend, for that matter) Hi!! ( to anyone he sees) Heyo peeple( hello people: while talking on the phone) Wha's sat? Uh oh, and most recently : NO! ( ohhh how I love that one) Gus is very outgoing. He loves to go shopping and play with other kids. This past week I signed him up for school. SCHOOL ???you say... at 18 months? Let me tell you: Gus doesn't have any friends who are his age. He's smack in the middle of older and younger kids ( except for my niece.. but she lives an hour away.) Millie and HIP were in a playgroup when they were 12 months. Gus' one friend moved. (sniff sniff) I feel like he needs some socializing. Back to the school. Yes. It is a 2 -4 day a week ( depending on how often we think he needs to go) 3 hours each day in a Montessori toddler community. I am totally in love with it. Everything is tiny, including the wee little working oven and stove. The owner/ teacher is a parent at Millie and Holden's school. She is lovely... and sweet and caring and everything I have missed since the kids left their old nursery school. The school provides 2 Montessori teachers who are specifically trained in infant/toddler environments. There is a lady who walks around cleaning up all the spills, changing diapers, and helping the kids wipe their little faces. Then the owner does music/movement and storytime. Their snacks are organic and in true Montessori fashion, self serve. They have a huge aquarium filled with large goldfish and a turtle. She also has 2 finches and a bearded dragon ( named Speedy... and Gus LOVED him. He was holding him and wouldn't let go.) They have 2 little playgrounds, a garden, & a pond with fish in it and a waterfall. If I were 18 months old, I'd definitely want to play there a couple of times a week. He will learn social skills, practical life skills, paint, stamp, watch animals, cook, clean and play. I am so glad I found this little school. I know he will love it. I know he will use all of his words and learn new ones in the process.

1 comment:

Testdriver said...

Waaaauuuggh! We miss Gus!!

Gus's school sounds so cool. We are just starting to look for a toddler community, but haven't found just the right one yet.

I love the "Boo" thing. Nuvy is awful about that! Anyone holding her with a visible bust, especially with even a shadow of cleavage will get a two-handed grab, accompanied by a loud and delighted cry of "Boobies! Boobies!" Then, the hand dives in!

So embarrassing.

xoxo

A